Equity is about ensuring every child, no matter what neighborhood they live in, has the opportunity for a brilliant future. It's important for all schools to get the resources, support, and opportunities for every child to succeed. When a child doesn't have access to these opportunities, it hurts our community.
Equity across our public schools requires empathy and action. It demands honesty, commitment, and perseverance from everyone in our diverse community. Join us to create a shared vision for success for all children, our schools, and our community.
This workshop includes dialogue and creative expression opportunities, review of case studies to better understand educational equity issues, and provides you with tools to take action for our community and schools.
Goals of this workshop:
- Build relationships, share stories, and grow empathy for your neighbors
- Gain a shared language and terminology for discussing educational equity
- Develop skills for personal and professional growth in service to the community
- Grow capacity for critical empathy essential for sustained political engagement
- Provide an opportunity for story sharing and collective visioning with Hamilton County community members
- Build power to make change!
About the series:
These classes are offered in partnership with UnifiEd as part of their Building Power for Change series. You can help build our community’s power to make change! UnifiEd is here to support you to affect the change you want to see in public education, and our trainings and workshops give you the skills and tools to organize within your network and neighborhood. The series is named “Building Power for Change” because you’ll gain leadership skills to help our community hold elected officials accountable to ensure a brilliant future for every student. Through these workshops, you’ll have the opportunity to build relationships with a diverse group of community members and unite toward a shared vision for excellence in public education.