The Chattery is seeking two enthusiastic interns to assist as we continue to grow. The Chattery is a nonprofit learning collective focusing on fun, affordable, and accessible education. Founded in 2014, The Chattery has held over 150 classes all throughout Chattanooga. The Chattery is in need of a team player willing to help a small nonprofit continue to grow. This position will be hands-on and revolve around attending events run by The Chattery and acting as a Chattery ambassador.
- Assist with social media planning and scheduling.
- Design and schedule newsletters, flyers and other communication devices.
- Work with The Chattery staff to coordinate event logistics.
- Event planning, promotion, and on-site execution including setup and teardown.
- Maintain up-to-date event documents including class surveys and check-in sheets.
- Procure and organize supplies for events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma with some course work at a 4-year college or university
- Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have a strong interest in event planning/marketing
- Evenings and weekends will be required
- Previous event volunteer experience a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- A “can do” attitude and desire to learn
- Ability to follow instructions and also work independently
- Creative and detail-oriented
- Has a great sense of humor
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted until September 8, 2017.