Ready to take action to make change in Hamilton County public schools? Here's your opportunity! UnifiEd is a grassroots organizing and advocacy organization, and our trainers will guide you in the basic principles of community organizing, arm you with information and tools to get active in your neighborhood and networks, and impact policy change for our kids and schools!
Goals of this workshop:
- Get the big picture of the history of education in Hamilton County
- Understand concepts of community organizing and how it affects policy change
- Learn what UnifiEd is and how you can get involved
- Understand the APEX Project (Action Plan for Educational eXcellence) and community members' roles in developing and implementing it
- Better understand and share your own story about education
- Learn and practice organizing strategies to learn how to (1) Hear story of community member, (2) Support other people to understand, and (3) Recruit other community members for involvement
- Build power to make change!
About the series:
These classes are offered in partnership with UnifiEd as part of their Building Power for Change series. You can help build our community’s power to make change! UnifiEd is here to support you to affect the change you want to see in public education, and our trainings and workshops give you the skills and tools to organize within your network and neighborhood. The series is named “Building Power for Change” because you’ll gain leadership skills to help our community hold elected officials accountable to ensure a brilliant future for every student. Through these workshops, you’ll have the opportunity to build relationships with a diverse group of community members and unite toward a shared vision for excellence in public education.